About Girls Invent Tomorrow
GIRLS INVENT TOMORROW IS AN INITIATIVE DEDICATED TO INITIATING PROGRAMS DESIGNED TO EMPOWER, EDUCATE AND MENTOR GIRLS ABOUT THE ICT SECTOR AND STEM FIELDS.
Girls Invent Tomorrow aims are:
- To educate girls about career opportunities available in ICT.
- To empower girls to expand their horizons and look at the many exciting career opportunities in the traditionally male-dominated sector.
- To encourage girls to consider and pursue careers in ICT sector.
We are doing this by providing resources and tools for girls to further enhance their interest in technology. These resources and tools will include but are not limited to:
- educational workshops
- networking functions, and
- mentorship programmes.
- To increase girls' participation and involvement in the technology space.
- To create a network of leading women in technology that empowers and encourages girls to consider careers in the growing field of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- To create a network for like-minded girls to be part of a ICT community that is shaping and changing the world globally.
- To extend the initiative beyond technology to include STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) as a whole.
Founding Member of an Events and Campaign Management Company, Anglo-African Events.
She has been planning and designing events for the past 8 years. Blending her passion and love for event design, creative marketing and comprehensive knack for project management, she has designed and produced many successful events for major corporations including HP, Intel, Microsoft SA, Nokia, AMD SA, ABSA Capital, Unisys to mention but a few.
Prior to starting the business, she was a member of a Non-Profit Organisation called Community Youth Empowa’ment, an organisation committed to social upliftment through community-based initiatives, the projects ranged from running a Saturday School, hosting Career Days, building Libraries in schools in Soweto.
In her 10-year career in South African PR, Natassia Badenhorst has worked with some of South Africa’s leading brands across a range of industries to deliver effective, hard-hitting PR and communications strategies.
Her experience includes consumer retail marketing and communications, technology, consumer brand development, sales and communications.
Her client list reads like a who’s who of South African industry: Old Mutual, Microsoft SA, AMD South Africa, Software AG, Westcon, T-Systems SA, HP, Nashua, Norton, Trend Micro, Ubuntu Technologies, Avaya and the Vega School of Brand Leadership.
Her involvement with Girls Invent Tomorrow is driven by her passion to expose young girls to alternate, lucrative and gratifying careers that exist in the science & technology sectors which are typically overlooked by the schooling system.
WHY YOUR PARTICIPATION IS IMPORTANT
Globally there’s a drive to make technology more appealing and accessible to women. With your help we can be part of this global drive and help build the next generation of young women in technology by providing them with the resources and tools to further pursue careers in ICT.
Get in touch - info [at] girlsinventtomorrow.com